13 December 2008

being there

So I'm having a premiere on the 18th of January, and the group (Cantate Chamber Singers) is bringing me to Washington D.C. and putting me up for the nights of the 16th through the 18th. And then I'm heading back home. Yeah, leaving D.C. on Monday the 19th. :)

It may sound a little crazy, but I'm not that attached to physically being near the inauguration -- spending a January day attempting to cram in somewhere among a crush of 4 million people that's already making the city of D.C. pretty much throw its hands up.

If I want to spend time with other people in celebration mode, I'll be able to do it on Saturday, when the party certainly will have started. (I'm mostly excited about spending Saturday and Monday daytimes in the Smithsonian museums and galleries, which I imagine will be feeling verrrrry festive and crowded.)

My trip back to NYC on the 19th will be very easy and uncrowded... the ultimate reverse-commute. And on the 20th, there will undoubtedly be something going on up here in the way of celebration. :)

No comments: